Firstly, we offer our warmest congratulations to you on your commitment to marriage. This will be a very exciting time for you and we are delighted to do all we can to assist you with your plans. The next important step is to contact the church office to ensure the church is free on the date you have in mind.
To make arrangements for your wedding or for your banns of marriage to be read, please contact the church office.
Can we be married at St Barnabas?
If you live within the parish boundaries, you have a legal right to be married in St Barnabas, provided you are legally entitled to be married. If you are unsure as to whether you live in the parish, please contact the church office. You are also entitled to be married here if you attend regularly and are on the church’s electoral roll.
You may also marry here if you are able to show any of the following:
That either of you:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least six months;
- were christened in the parish;
- were prepared for confirmation in the parish; or
- have regularly attended normal church services at St Barnabas for at least six months.
Or if either of your parents:
- were married in St. Barnabas;
- if either of their parents were married in St Barnabas; or
- have habitually lived in the parish for six months.
Please feel free to contact the church office to discuss the options open to you on 020 8650 3332 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org